Language, Users and Windice

Unluckybolte

Goodlike
Reaction score
Language, users and Windice

Screenshot_20231015-100404-585.png

It is a fact that online platforms are not built for specific community and a particular language speaker. They are enlarged by every aspect. Users from different cultural and linguistical background join them and take pleasure by communicating with one another. Likely, Windice has been worthy enough to create bonding of many people around the globe in one chain, noticably, within the shadow of the international and universal languages.

What is language?

One can understand it as a medium to transfer and receive knowledge! Essentially, language is the best tool to share feelings, observations, traditions, cultures, myths, including religious and community's with one another.

Why did I mention users?

My main purpose in highlighting "Users" in this thread is simply to make a connection. Users exist so that the site, like Windice, still runs. And they both exist that the languages are added in this, so that users can discuss more tactics for Windice, more knowledge for one another, in short, can share their feelings, happiness, suggestions, and milestone with the family of Windice.

I guess I need not to narrate an overview on Windice. Users are pretty aware about this platform as our amazing contributors have been discussing Windice since the thread section is opened.

To combine all my talks and aim together, I am deriving the effectiveness of language and users, and Windice for all the cause. However, by language, everyone can guess sharing of feelings, culture, traditions, linguistical aspects that not all languages posses and some other major areas.

I speak Balochi as my mother tongue, Urdu as my 2nd language because had been taught from my beginning classes in school. English I consider my 3rd language that helped me involve myself in different part of worldly activities. Such as, being a part of Windice, being a part of journalism, creative fictional writing and composing poems which I have already posted on forum if one wants to check out!

To collect data, I implemented a survey through interviewing different users in Windice, they, most probably, belong to different discourse community. Analysed all andn mentioned the most important points in this thread downward ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

I Asked The Same Question To All Of The Users So That I Can Collect Authentic Data. The Question Is Mentioned too just below ๐Ÿ‘‡!!

-------------------------------------

:) (How do you look the language management in Windice? And is it creating barriers between you and other users for conversation?)

@Anniegio : Spanish Chat Moderator

No. I have never experienced language problems in Windice, and if I need translation, the browser's translators perceive the texts perfectly... (1)

I think Windice is diverse and inclusive of all languages. For obvious reasons it is in English since it is a language that is more accessible to everyone (for ease as well).. (2)

@helena214 : English Chat Moderator

most of the users are not so good in English as I observed that is why they just drop the words, good luck, keep green, hi, hello, how are you?

@Sv13rby : English Chat User

Im quite comfortable with english so I don't really feel it creates a barrier from my side. I do notice sometimes barriers from other players though (1)

Its hard for people who don't have a room for their own language and did not study english on school.. (2)

@sezginakil : English Chat User

n other words, there must be a common language that everyone understands. It's nice to have it in English. (1)

But if I speak Turkish, you and 3 other friends cannot understand it. and then groupings occur. There is no conversation. (2)

@Deywane : English chat user

Nope I am not in trouble with other user in English room, and we wish to have Pakistani chat there.

@PrincessFiona : Brazilian and Portuguese chat user

I don't feel any difficulty because I use the chats where I can use the language, that is, English, Portuguese and Spanish, I don't use the other boring ones. I don't find barriers to communicating.

--------------------------------------------

These were the answers by users about language management in Windice and whether they can create barriers in-between users while conversing or not!

One can witness, most of the users said that "they are feeling comfortable with languages Windice has, specially English" because it is known to be a universal language. There are totally 6 chatrooms made for specific languages and an Anychat room where users, in any language, can communicate.

However, such a huge platform, if has some more chatrooms, will grow better.

In Windice, some of the users, in large number, have no chatroom, like, Pakistani users, who use to wander overall Windice's chatrooms hahaha ๐Ÿ˜‚. They are seen in Indian room, in Portuguese room and mostly in English room. Because they are most comfortable with English though weak in speaking the language.

In such situations the users, those with lazy English, face lots of troubles that what the opposite user is trying to say. And the reply he sends is "Ok" "yeah" "good luck" "gl". It later counts as a spam.

From my interview session, I found that "Its hard for people who don't have a room for their own language and did not study english on school" (Sv13rby) and it would have been much better if they have chats covering their languages as one wished to "have Pakistani chat there" (Deywane).

To wind up with a hope that we see more chatrooms for the users belonging to a specific language community. It is a fact that there cannot be a separate chatroom for a small community. And if the community is large like Pakistani, there may be a chance of creation of another separate room. It will decrease the chances of spam and make the chats more constructive too.

I have no problem with any users even if they do not know English. Even if they speak in their local language in Any chat room we do interact.

Problem arises when a Mod like Anonnep who knows english still users are not able to solve his mysterious trivia and creates a whole lot of vaccum among users whether their is a discrepancy in their understanding of English or mod Anonnep's answers of trivia. :ROFLMAO: :p

I have no problem with any users even if they do not know English. Even if they speak in their local language in Any chat room we do interact.

Problem arises when a Mod like Anonnep who knows english still users are not able to solve his mysterious trivia and creates a whole lot of vaccum among users whether their is a discrepancy in their understanding of English or mod Anonnep's answers of trivia. :ROFLMAO: :p
Anonnep's Trivias' problems are universal haha

View attachment 9396

It is a fact that online platforms are not built for specific community and a particular language speaker. They are enlarged by every aspect. Users from different cultural and linguistical background join them and take pleasure by communicating with one another. Likely, Windice has been worthy enough to create bonding of many people around the globe in one chain, noticably, within the shadow of the international and universal languages.

What is language?

One can understand it as a medium to transfer and receive knowledge! Essentially, language is the best tool to share feelings, observations, traditions, cultures, myths, including religious and community's with one another.

Why did I mention users?

My main purpose in highlighting "Users" in this thread is simply to make a connection. Users exist so that the site, like Windice, still runs. And they both exist that the languages are added in this, so that users can discuss more tactics for Windice, more knowledge for one another, in short, can share their feelings, happiness, suggestions, and milestone with the family of Windice.

I guess I need not to narrate an overview on Windice. Users are pretty aware about this platform as our amazing contributors have been discussing Windice since the thread section is opened.

To combine all my talks and aim together, I am deriving the effectiveness of language and users, and Windice for all the cause. However, by language, everyone can guess sharing of feelings, culture, traditions, linguistical aspects that not all languages posses and some other major areas.

I speak Balochi as my mother tongue, Urdu as my 2nd language because had been taught from my beginning classes in school. English I consider my 3rd language that helped me involve myself in different part of worldly activities. Such as, being a part of Windice, being a part of journalism, creative fictional writing and composing poems which I have already posted on forum if one wants to check out!

To collect data, I implemented a survey through interviewing different users in Windice, they, most probably, belong to different discourse community. Analysed all andn mentioned the most important points in this thread downward ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

I Asked The Same Question To All Of The Users So That I Can Collect Authentic Data. The Question Is Mentioned too just below ๐Ÿ‘‡!!

:) (How do you look the language management in Windice? And is it creating barriers between you and other users for conversation?)

No. I have never experienced language problems in Windice, and if I need translation, the browser's translators perceive the texts perfectly... (1)

I think Windice is diverse and inclusive of all languages. For obvious reasons it is in English since it is a language that is more accessible to everyone (for ease as well).. (2)

most of the users are not so good in English as I observed that is why they just drop the words, good luck, keep green, hi, hello, how are you?

Im quite comfortable with english so I don't really feel it creates a barrier from my side. I do notice sometimes barriers from other players though (1)

Its hard for people who don't have a room for their own language and did not study english on school.. (2)

n other words, there must be a common language that everyone understands. It's nice to have it in English. (1)

But if I speak Turkish, you and 3 other friends cannot understand it. and then groupings occur. There is no conversation. (2)

Nope I am not in trouble with other user in English room, and we wish to have Pakistani chat there.

I don't feel any difficulty because I use the chats where I can use the language, that is, English, Portuguese and Spanish, I don't use the other boring ones. I don't find barriers to communicating.

These were the answers by users about language management in Windice and whether they can create barriers in-between users while conversing or not!

One can witness, most of the users said that "they are feeling comfortable with languages Windice has, specially English" because it is known to be a universal language. There are totally 6 chatrooms made for specific languages and an Anychat room where users, in any language, can communicate.

In Windice, some of the users, in large number, have no chatroom, like, Pakistani users, who use to wander overall Windice's chatrooms hahaha ๐Ÿ˜‚. They are seen in Indian room, in Portuguese room and mostly in English room. Because they are most comfortable with English though weak in speaking the language.

In such situations the users, those with lazy English, face lots of troubles that what the opposite user is trying to say. And the reply he sends is "Ok" "yeah" "good luck" "gl". It later counts as a spam.

From my interview session, I found that "Its hard for people who don't have a room for their own language and did not study english on school" (Sv13rby) and it would have been much better if they have chats covering their languages as one wished to "have Pakistani chat there" (Deywane).

To wind up with a hope that we see more chatrooms for the users belonging to a specific language community. It is a fact that there cannot be a separate chatroom for a small community. And if the community is large like Pakistani, there may be a chance of creation of another separate room. It will decrease the chances of spam and make the chats more constructive too.
Good job ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

View attachment 9396

What is language?

Why did I mention users?

Good luck

Having more languages benefits the users from overall the world! Let's hope for getting every language added whose speakers are more in number!