International Lefthanders Day

Are you Right or Left handed Person

• Right Handed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

letsrollandplay

Goodlike
Reaction score
I am sure, not many would have known that for left handers their is a day to celebrate. This day fall on 13th August every year and called as International Lefthanders Day celebrated internationally. The day was first observed by the founder of Lefthanders International, Inc. - Dean R. Campbell, in 1976. and has been celebrated every year since then.

There is no exact figure regarding the % of the world population who are left handed but estimated to be roughly 10-15%. Some fact - Less than 1% of the world is ambidextrous (can easily use both the left & right hand), and an even lower number is ambilevous (finds using both hands equally awkward)

Renowned personalities who are/were left handers include Mother Teresa, Barack Obama, Walt Disney, Bill Gates, Charlie Chaplin, Mark Zuckerberg, and Albert Einstein etc.

1661069107887.png

I am both left n right 😊 i use my left hand when slicing food, but when cooking & baking I use both. I use my left hand when ironing clothes & sweeping the floor but if wiping areas i use my right hand. I use both when carrying something but mostly use my left if the thing i carry is heavy 😁 i use my right when writing & sketching, brushing my hair & teeth, getting food and eating and if waiving goodbye & hello or playing here in Windice i use both 🤣🤣🤣
Weird but unique they say lol