- Reaction score
Why do we say Good luck on "chat" everyday from Windice.io? Polite phrasesBeing polite in English
- Can you pass me…? vs Give me.
- Could you give me five minutes? vs Go away.
- Excuse me. vs Move.
- I'm afraid I can't. vs No.
- I would like… vs I want.
- Would you mind…? vs Stop it!
- Can you hold, please? vs Wait.
It's first to second man and they are mutual and avoid fight.
Greetings:When speaking in English we have many ways to say things, but some are more polite and formal than others. For example:
“Good morning/afternoon/ evening”
“Have a nice day”
These are all ways to say ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ in the workplace or a more formal situation.