What's the motive behind the anti gambling campaign

AWASIOR

Known
Reaction score
1622731227716.png

Everywhere I look, all I see are negative comments made about money lost gambling. Mental illness associated with gambling and anything that can illustrate gambling in a negative light.
As someone who considers themselves to be a profitable gambler. The trend of covering only the negative side of the industry puzzles me.
Why is there never mention of the winners.

WE WON A MILLION DOLLARS PLAYING FANTASY FOOTBALL

Despite the abundance of advertising telling you otherwise, you will almost certainly never win millions of dollars playing daily fantasy sports (if for no other reason than more and more states are outlawing it as a form of illegal gambling). But Rob and Dave Gomes, two 20-something brothers from Boston, are among the few who did just that. Last November, the pair of New England Patriots fans won $1,000,000 on daily fantasy sports website DraftKings. You might recognize them, as they were prominently featured in DraftKings’s ubiquitous TV commercials throughout the fall.

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/we-won-a-million-dollars-playing-fantasy-football

I think the sad truth is, people who lose big money gambling. Are the same people who would lose big money investing in the stock market. Some demographics simply don't make good financial decisions. There are always big losers and big winners in every industry. And don't understand why gambling is being painted in a light where only the big losers are acknowledged.
Fantasy sports is illegal in my US state. This may deprive me of options and opportunities to make money and profit.
To me there is a question of whether the media's negative coverage of gambling is intended to protect people who make bad gambling or investment decisions. Or is it intended to deprive people like me of opportunities to make money.​