What to think about when writing articles for the forum

Sv13rby

Reaction score
What to think about when writing articles for the forum

Every month there is a contest for the top poster on the forum. The top 3 of users with the best pc.jpgquality on their posts will win a prize. I see many new faces writing articles nowadays and want even more users to give it a try! I try to write some articles myself each month where i try to help the community. This article will be to help you guys with writing your articles. I'm not the best writer but I will try to share some information that hopefully helps others writing their articles.

Subject
The first and most important thing to do is to come up with a good subject to write about. In my eyes it's good to write about something that is actual. It can be something creative like a story or a contest or something informative like a guide or an information article. It's good when you try to write something about a subject that is not used before so that you add something new to the forum. Another important thing to mention is that you should try to write your article yourself. If you use some text/parts from other articles then you should mention the source where you got it from.

Title
As soon as you have a subject and an idea what you are going to write it's also good to think about which title you are going to use for your article. Preferably it's something eye-catching that makes users wanna read more and open your article. The title should off course also be related to the content of the article.

Headers
As you can see in this article you can structure your post by adding headers for different parts of your article. In this way the article is easier to read and even when people don't wanna read the whole article they maybe get interested in one of the headers and read that section.

Paragraphs and punctuation
If you don't wanna use headers or the article don't really have different parts then it's wise to use paragraphs. Paragraphs avoid that your article is just one big block of text and makes it more inviting to start reading. Also the use of punctuation helps making an article easier to read. Instead of one big sentence without a start or stop it will be a fluent text. It even gives the possibility to nuance some parts of your text by using as example an exclamation mark or a comma.

Spelling/grammar
After you are done writing your article always make sure to read it yourself a few times to see if you can change anything. You can even use a spelling checker to make sure you didn't make unnecessary spelling mistakes. I know many don't have English as their mother tongue (including myself) so there will always be some mistakes but it can't hurt to reduce them. It's even good to check if your article has a good flow. I often change some sentences when I read my text because I think they sound weird or maybe are too long.

Images/layout
As a last step you maybe want to make your article look a bit more fun/interesting. You can add some color in your text or maybe find one or more images to live it up. Be sure to check if there's no copyright on the images you use. If you make a guide it can be good to use screenshots to show what you are explaining. After this your article will be ready to post on the forum!

I hope this information will help you guys writing some nice articles for the forum! I'm look forward to read all new creations 🤩

Simple, clean, thoughtful and utile -- another excellent guide. Well done, bud.