Superstitious

Schlomo

Reaction score
I am curious as to how many people are superstitious? Are there certain objects, rituals, or thoughts that seem to bring you luck?

I am curious as to how many people are superstitious? Are there certain objects, rituals, or thoughts that seem to bring you luck?
We can never tell how many people are superstitious all I can say is there are a lot and they are everywhere since it all started with the culture people has. Even i become superstitious at times.. hahaha!! But I do not believe things can bring you goodluck like the ones chinese people use as displays in their homes or the gems they say will bring good luck to everyone who buys and wears it. And for me luck is just a word and is just something living in our brains that we always use when we experience negative or positive situations.
As defined in google, " luck is a success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions."

This is an interesting article about a study B.F. Skinner did on superstition and pigeons.

"Skinner published his study on a group of pigeons that showed even animals are susceptible to the human condition that is superstition. ... What observers of the pigeons found showed the birds developing superstitious behavior, believing that by acting in a particular way, or committing a certain action, food would arrive."

Here
is an article.

I think it is fascinating that superstition can be seen in different species.

I think supersticions = part of human nature
We all believe in something , be it black cats, science or Vodoo , this is how our minds are built