Rules Rules rules.....but why?

Raybrfg181

Reaction score
First before i spin off into my rambling rant, let me say:
I am all for rules and order.

I have been noticing a trend. Or, more like a clash in chat. One group pitted against the other in a fight to the death. Chunks of skin, blood, hair and mutecoins flying every where. It gets messy some days.

The weak are the ones that fall fast and make a bloody puddle in the floor. The stronger more literate ones put a much stronger fight.

The fight i speak of is rules, mods, rule following users, and rule breaking users. It is obvious that mods and regular users have a solid understanding of the rules (even the ones that don't exist).

I watched a conversation this morning. It drives me insane when someone breaks a rule (most know this). But, there is a fun little gray area here, rules that only exist in the "becuase i said so list". The offender is a user that has been around for a while now. He/she should and probably does know of these "unwritten rules". Then one of my fav users stepped in to correct the other user.
The offender then stated that he doesn't see that in the rules. Not to defend the offender or anything, but he/she is 100% correct. Thus the conversation should have been over. There was not technically a rule broken, then the unwritten rules......
....... when the hell are we going to get those in writing to stop making the mods look silly, and keep the helpful users from looking like fools????

I feel for those that are users trying to help keep order in chat. Fighting an uphill battle, with no reward, and to usually just look foolish for trying to indicate a rule that doesn't exist (in writing). Then mods they are here to keep order and make sure the site is flowing and fun. I have done mod work before, it is next to impossible to do their job without the rules in writing.

"Because I said so!" is not a rule. This does have an effect on the site, the attitudes of the users, and in the end will effect the flow of coin here.

Come on and join in on this folks...... opinions?

I have been noticing a trend. Or, more like a clash in chat. One group pitted against the other in a fight to the death. Chunks of skin, blood, hair and mutecoins flying every where. It gets messy some days.

The weak are the ones that fall fast and make a bloody puddle in the floor. The stronger more literate ones put a much stronger fight.

The fight i speak of is rules, mods, rule following users, and rule breaking users. It is obvious that mods and regular users have a solid understanding of the rules (even the ones that don't exist).

I watched a conversation this morning. It drives me insane when someone breaks a rule (most know this). But, there is a fun little gray area here, rules that only exist in the "becuase i said so list". The offender is a user that has been around for a while now. He/she should and probably does know of these "unwritten rules". Then one of my fav users stepped in to correct the other user.
The offender then stated that he doesn't see that in the rules. Not to defend the offender or anything, but he/she is 100% correct. Thus the conversation should have been over. There was not technically a rule broken, then the unwritten rules......
....... when the hell are we going to get those in writing to stop making the mods look silly, and keep the helpful users from looking like fools????

I feel for those that are users trying to help keep order in chat. Fighting an uphill battle, with no reward, and to usually just look foolish for trying to indicate a rule that doesn't exist (in writing). Then mods they are here to keep order and make sure the site is flowing and fun. I have done mod work before, it is next to impossible to do their job without the rules in writing.

"Because I said so!" is not a rule. This does have an effect on the site, the attitudes of the users, and in the end will effect the flow of coin here.

Well, I say, make the rules clearer. Hahaha! Cuz yeah, people will always argue just because some do's and dont's are not fully indicated in the rules. They always have this reason, "it's not included there" and "it's just a rule made up by you and the mods and not officially included in the chat policies". Hahaha!
And honestly, for me, at times, am getting tired reminding others not to do this and that cuz I know I'll end up losing the argument cuz for others am nothing but an ordinary player tryina be perfectionist enough when it comes to chatting that I always tell these repeatitive violators about these non-existing rules, and a nosy one always minding their business inside the chatroom. Lol

Last edited:
yeah true some dumbos they want everything in written if not they dont blv it. I guess even when going on a date or sleeping with a date they will first get that written for how long and how many positions or how many times it will be done written otherwise they cant blv it can be done .....!!

yeah true some dumbos they want everything in written if not they dont blv it. I guess even when going on a date or sleeping with a date they will first get that written for how long and how many positions or how many times it will be done written otherwise they cant blv it can be done .....!!
this is not therapy to talk about your issues with the next door neighbor.

Comparing to neighbor's wife's affair! Lols haha

True that there are unwritten rules that breakers argue with. But if I were to ask the chat rules are broad and these "unwtitten rules" are already included on the summary of rules. Eg. Spamming.. This includes overposting of bets, red results, chatting same single word every few minutes, which most users don't really understand or just playing dumb.
And if they are still looking for written rule which they argue always, they can just look at the last rule *no discussion of the moderator's decisions in general chat.
:)

no i was just giving example on how some ppl need everything in written then only they blv oh it is like that

no i was just giving example on how some ppl need everything in written then only they blv oh it is like that
But funny how you compare it to dating and positions blablabla.. hahaha!!

True that there are unwritten rules that breakers argue with. But if I were to ask the chat rules are broad and these "unwtitten rules" are already included on the summary of rules. Eg. Spamming.. This includes overposting of bets, red results, chatting same single word every few minutes, which most users don't really understand or just playing dumb.
And if they are still looking for written rule which they argue always, they can just look at the last rule *no discussion of the moderator's decisions in general chat.
Agree to you sis.. but you know, hard headed people will always argue cuz they feel they are free to do whatever they want. :) And like what pratik says, they will only believe and follow if they see it, if they don't then there is no sense following. For others too, it's easy for them to break rules cuz, first, either no moderator around watching and it's only us, and our word are useless against their wrong doings since we arent moderators. For them this unwritten rules of moderators are turned off if our moderators aint around. Lol. Such a crazy mindset they really have. I even notice others who keeps breaking these rules many times even if it's already readable in the chat rules. This is just a simple example why other individual existing in a community cannot get successful because they don't want to follow even these simple rules. They would even argue why and why not. Like hello? Do we really need to explain all the time? They wanted spoon feeding. Lol

My personal opinion of what you are speaking of is the offender not caring. "Sorry wont happen again " then 2 minutes later boom.

What I am actually talking about are the ones that are undefined and contradict the unwritten rules. Example emojis. The written rules use the word "overuse" indicating I can use the emoji as I see fit in conversation but don't get spammy. In contradiction with that is the unwritten one that indicates I can overuse emojis as long as it is accompanied with words.

Small bets/balances, now that is a nifty paradox for me. If my thinking was used as a measuring stick, no one would be posting them.

My point is having unwritten rules and undefined rules does create an issue with dealing with offenders. Then if they get muted and aren't in the wrong because technically they didn't violate a written rule their mute gets lifted further complicating it.

moderating chat is always a pretty subjective thing and it depends on a moderator that is doing it
our rules cover most of the situations ,some of them are generalizing as in the case of overposting emojis and bets
in this case it is solely a moderator's decision if a user should be warned or muted
while it is one of the site's functionality , same as price queries etc. -this is being intentionally or unintentionally annoying or straight rain soliciting
it is the usual suspects that are doing this or new players who are not aware of the rules
so to sum it up - if a player is being spammy or annoying , leave it to the mods to sort it out because as you mentioned above , there is no clear rule
Like: Do not post a price quote more than three times in a row or Any emoji can be used only after you have typed at least 117 letters :) ( look - a smiley)
this would sound pretty ridiculous , don't you think
if there are no active mods in chat , try to point the errors of their ways to the player who is being overenthusiastic with smileys or caps or whatever
and if it is getting out of hand , find me or any other mods , message me in game or on any of the messengers or social media.

moderating chat is always a pretty subjective thing and it depends on a moderator that is doing it
our rules cover most of the situations ,some of them are generalizing as in the case of overposting emojis and bets
in this case it is solely a moderator's decision if a user should be warned or muted
while it is one of the site's functionality , same as price queries etc. -this is being intentionally or unintentionally annoying or straight rain soliciting
it is the usual suspects that are doing this or new players who are not aware of the rules
so to sum it up - if a player is being spammy or annoying , leave it to the mods to sort it out because as you mentioned above , there is no clear rule
Like: Do not post a price quote more than three times in a row or Any emoji can be used only after you have typed at least 117 letters :) ( look - a smiley)
if there are no active mods in chat , try to point the errors of their ways to the player who is being overenthusiastic with smileys or caps or whatever
and if it is getting out of hand , find me or any other mods , message me in game or on any of the messengers or social media.
Just like I do at times. And thanks for this one sir. :)

Thanks for ringing in with your thoughts on this. I understand that not every rule can be in concrete. My point in the one about emojis is that the written rule and the rule that mods try to enforce are 2 completely different things.

Other rules such as the one about not posting small bets/balances. a concrete amount can be attached to them such as... If the bet amount isn't equal to or greater to 20% of min. withdrawl, then don't post it. the term "small" is too subjective for a lot of folks.

I enjoy this site for 2 reason. I love the layout and flexibility in game. I also enjoy the social side of this site. Admin and dev have worked very hard on the mechanics of this site (and i hope it is paying off in spades for them). I know all of the mods have worked very hard on the social side of this site. Unfortunately, over time there has been some bad apples which create challenges to system. At which the powers that be change the system slightly to accommodate the situation. I am of the thinking that we are at that point again and was just suggesting a few choice changes in wording and adding a few rules to the written list to further postpone other changes.