National Deaf Day

salamm

Known
Reaction score
world-deaf-day.png

September 29, World Deaf Day.

This day is very important to me and especially to my parents. Believe it or not, both of my parents are completely deaf and cannot hear anything. But that doesn’t mean we are upset about it or that it causes us any problems. Not at all. Whenever I start talking via sign language with my mom or dad in public places, people look at us as if we are from another planet. 😂 Sometimes, when they see us, they ask strange questions. I remember in sixth grade, my teacher asked me odd questions about my family's hearing issues in front of the whole class. The other kids were quite happy about it because the questions were so long that the teacher forgot to give us a test. 🤦‍♂️😂

Sometimes, I feel sad that they miss out on the joy of hearing many things. Hearing music, their voices, the sound of the waves, and the songs of birds in nature. I’ve tried to imagine being in their shoes by watching silent movies without subtitles . It’s really tough without sound and subtitles. it looks like suffering
When I was younger, I asked them what it feels like to be deaf. Aren't you sad about it? My mom always says she is actually very happy and finds peace in silence. but My dad says his hearing problem makes him to enjoy other senses more and enjoy life too . he always says: I have to say thanks god every second because I'm not blind . living blind is so harder than being deaf.

no wonder why they are always cheerful and happy. Many of my friends are shocked when they find out that my parents are deaf, and they often feel sad or sorry. However, they are totally wrong. I have spent my entire short life with deaf people, and I have never felt a lack or sadness because of it. Yes, being deaf makes some things challenging, but it doesn’t mean they can’t build their own lives together. My parents and other deaf people have shown me the true meaning of "disability is not a limitation"

you may think why I am not deaf . well typically if 2 deaf people had a baby the chance of having deaf baby is a lot but luckily or unfortunately my dad wasn't deaf when he was born . he got sick and eventually deaf in 3 years old.
and they can also have contacts with other normal people . it's not necessary to know sign language . they can understand so easy by looking the lips moves

anyways. I'm always happy that I have my kind and helpful parents with me all the time . no matter deaf or no deaf .
Happy National Deaf Day to all lovely deafs ❤️

Nice to hear that you are one of those obedient child to your parents, and happy to have them though they are deaf! I can find here that most of children get fed up of their parents whenever they can't understand a single spoken word, but that is different for you! Your love for your parents is really adorable 💕

Nice to hear that you are one of those obedient child to your parents, and happy to have them though they are deaf! I can find here that most of children get fed up of their parents whenever they can't understand a single spoken word, but that is different for you! Your love for your parents is really adorable 💕
thanks brother : )