Myanmar Traditional Food Mohinga

thawtar

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm greeting from Myanmar, South East Asia.

I will share about the most famous and popular food in the country where I live.
That food is traditional Burmese Mohinga.

Screenshot 2024-10-16 164320.png

The ingredients included in this food are easy to find and can be easily cooked at home.
This food can be eaten as breakfast at home and also treat in Donations and also in ceremony or wedding.
Recipe ..

1. Mrigal carp 1.5 kg
2. Roasted rice powder 3 tsp
3. Chickpeas 1.5 kg
4. chili powder 1 tsp
5. Black pepper 1/2 tsp
6. Turmeric powder 1tsp
7. Water 150ml
8. 2 stalks lemongrass
9. 5 garlic
10. 8-10 shallots
11. ginger
12. Fish sauce
13. Lemon
14. Rice noodle (mont te)
15. Vegetable oil 50ml
16. Sugar 3 tsp

First, add a little salt, a little turmeric powder, fish sauce, 2 lemongrass and water to the carp and boil all. Then, put off all bones of fish.
Boil the overnight soaked chick peas until tender. Drain the water.
And then, grind all these ingredients .. 2 stalks lemon grass, 5 garlic, 8-10 shallots & little ginger.
Then, blend the cooked chickpeas..
Now all are ready to cook.
pour Vegetable oil 50ml into the oven. Fry the mix ingredients until smell food & dry. Then, put the chickpeas. Cook until oil comes out
Put the drained chickpeas water.
Then add water until it is thin, pour fish sauce. Sugar 3 tsp. Put the boiled eggs. Then boiled. Mix with 150ml of water.
Put small shallots as a final step.
Then boil until the shallots is tender.
Now the soup is ready.

How to prepare food now ..

Firstly put some Rice noodle (mont te) into the bowl. then add soup and chili powder and slice lemon, Crispy chick peas. Roasted chili flakes and Coriander are together .

#rice, #chickpeas, #ricenoodle, #fish

You should also try and cook this food. I am sure you will love this food (Mohinga) as much as I do.