Is it okay to Accept Mediocrity Within Ourselves?

meyzee

Goodlike
Messages
816
Reaction score
1,042
Points
93
1791414588191.png


Sometimes I wonder whether what I am today is already enough.

No grand things happening in my life. I just keep on doing the same thing repeatedly every day. Not that I don’t think I cannot do something greater than what I am today. But lately I’ve been wondering if I am content or if I just simply stopped growing.

Everyday feels too ordinary that I can’t help but think what if I am missing out on the things I know I could do but chose not to.

Well for example, I have been thinking of trying to change the color of my hair. And every single time I thought about it I would somehow think that what if it does not suit me?

There’s nothing wrong with my hair. In fact, I like every bit of it. But I haven’t tried doing anything about it.

I can’t also help but relate this to my writing experience. Sometimes I am discouraged to write because it might not be extraordinary enough or it might not be well received.

And I realized what if I am holding back myself from trying things just because I am afraid of the outcome not because I don’t want to change.

Maybe I should try dyeing my hair for once. Or maybe write something simple and publish it.

Maybe I wouldn’t like it and regret the result.

Or maybe I would love it.

And maybe it’s not about being mediocre at all, maybe it’s about being content of what you are but also allowing yourself to try something new.

Or maybe... I don't know.... I am still figuring things out.

------------Image used is free from istock
 
Top