If we do not help educate them, who else will?

mowmow

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyday I see chatters here in Windice who can't really help breaking rules. From simply sending constructive mesages to speaking appropriate language in a chat room, passive begging, and posting small and red results. Even these chatters who are already considered old members still forget to follow some of these rules, or should I say, they just don't want to follow sometimes.

A day ago, a newly registered member said he is lost from home and asked if someone can help him. So obviously he was asking if someone can give him funds. Some of us told this new member that begging is not allowed since windice is not a charity site. Then another member asked why we were against this new member, feels like turning him down and why this chatter even got muted when he only said few lines. Which is obviously, begging.

This action is no longer new about me and other members of windice who always make sure to follow rules. Everytime we see offenders in the chat room, we educate them. We keep reminding them to read rules and follow. And if these offenders continue breaking rules, we report them. Besides, a rule is a rule. Wether we follow, or receive the consequences.

So please for other members who think we're being too harsh on other members, please do not think that way. Please understand that we, as a member of the community, has a responsibility to educate others and remind them not to do unwanted stuffs inside the chatroom. Some chatters say, leave the business to our moderators, let them handle the issue against these violators. I say, no. We have to help our moderators educate people who needs to be educated specially these newbies, most specially if our moderators arent around to do the job currently. Because if we will not help in educating these members, wether they be a violator or someone who just needs assistance, who else will? We, as members of Windice has to contribute something in order to maintain the peace and order inside the chatroom. And that is not just to be a good citizen always but also to remind everyone about the do's and don'ts when chatting. Let us always spread awareness. If you see chatters who needs to be assisted or educated, don't just stay quiet. Speak up if needed. Be a concerned citizen of windice.

Everyday I see chatters here in Windice who can't really help breaking rules. From simply sending constructive mesages to speaking appropriate language in a chat room, passive begging, and posting small and red results. Even these chatters who are already considered old members still forget to follow some of these rules, or should I say, they just don't want to follow sometimes.

A day ago, a newly registered member said he is lost from home and asked if someone can help him. So obviously he was asking if someone can give him funds. Some of us told this new member that begging is not allowed since windice is not a charity site. Then another member asked why we were against this new member, feels like turning him down and why this chatter even got muted when he only said few lines. Which is obviously, begging.

This action is no longer new about me and other members of windice who always make sure to follow rules. Everytime we see offenders in the chat room, we educate them. We keep reminding them to read rules and follow. And if these offenders continue breaking rules, we report them. Besides, a rule is a rule. Wether we follow, or receive the consequences.

So please for other members who think we're being too harsh on other members, please do not think that way. Please understand that we, as a member of the community, has a responsibility to educate others and remind them not to do unwanted stuffs inside the chatroom. Some chatters say, leave the business to our moderators, let them handle the issue against these violators. I say, no. We have to help our moderators educate people who needs to be educated specially these newbies, most specially if our moderators arent around to do the job currently. Because if we will not help in educating these members, wether they be a violator or someone who just needs assistance, who else will? We, as members of Windice has to contribute something in order to maintain the peace and order inside the chatroom. And that is not just to be a good citizen always but also to remind everyone about the do's and don'ts when chatting. Let us always spread awareness. If you see chatters who needs to be assisted or educated, don't just stay quiet. Speak up if needed. Be a concerned citizen of windice.
Super agree to this. Besides there are generous members and moderators who always shares. You don't need to ask, you will be rewarded just be active in chatting constructively. Feel like home and make friends with other members so that you can Always have someone and something to talk and not just chat for a hi and hello. For new members, make sure to read faqs.

Yeah always be innocent like me and chat properly, innocent ppl usually make good friends and will have more topics to talk.... :D :p
Yeah yeah. Hahaha!! And are more humorous and sensible.?? Hahaha

Super agree to this. Besides there are generous members and moderators who always shares. You don't need to ask, you will be rewarded just be active in chatting constructively. Feel like home and make friends with other members so that you can Always have someone and something to talk and not just chat for a hi and hello. For new members, make sure to read faqs.

Unfortunately sis, they love the word "begging" "and they love to be called "beggars" ahaha. Aahh.. sickness of some to most newbies.. forgetting to read the faqs and policies. Or worst, don't really like reading at all cuz they dont care about those.