Happy May Day

mowmow

Staff member
Reaction score
Today, it's already 2nd of May here in Ph. But in other countries, it is May 1st. And today is the start of too many celebrations around the world.
Here in Ph, May not just signifies summer but a month full of celebrations or what we call, queen of festivity. From birthdays, to mother's month down to flores de mayo and fiestas in most parts of Philippines.

But for global, first date of May is one of the most significant one.
Why??
Here are the reasons:

1. Festival of Beltane - from Celts of British isles. When Romans took over British isles, they brought with them their 5-day celebration which is known as floralia, a devotion to the worship of the goddess of flowers, Flora.
2. Maypole Dance - annual traditions for this one can be traced back to medieval times and some still celebrates this until now specially the villagers. A festivity where people would dance around the pole clad with colorful streamers and ribbons. It's also said that Historians believe, first maypole dance originated as part of a fertility ritual, where the pole symbolized male fertility and baskets and wreaths symbolized female fertility.
3. Haymarket Riot - also known as Haymarket affair. A planned rally that became a chaos when one individual who was never identified threw a bomb which then killed 7 police officers and 8 civilians died as a result of violence.
4. International worker's day - started May 1, 1886, where more than 300,000 workers (40,000 in Chicago alone) from 13,000 businesses walked out of their jobs across the country. And in the following days, more workers joined and the number of strikers grew to almost 100,000. This all happened because of the reason, thousands of men, women and children dies yearly because of poor working conditions and long hours of work. This began in United States where a labor code was created requiring to have only 8 hours of work for all workers.

And lastly,

5. Mayday Today - an official holiday in 66 countries and unofficially celebrated by other countries but rarely recognized in the country where it began which is United States of America.

What exactly is MAY DAY.??

As stated by History.com,, May Day is a May 1 celebration with a long and varied history, dating back millennia. Throughout the years, there have been many different events and festivities worldwide, most with the express purpose of welcoming in a change of season (spring in the Northern Hemisphere). In the 19th century, May Day took on a new meaning, as an International Workers’ Day grew out of the 19th-century labor movement for worker’s rights and an eight-hour workday in the United States. May Day 2020 is celebrated on May 1, 2020.

images (2).jpeg

images (1).jpeg

So, happy MAY DAY to all. This month maybe different from all other Mays on previous years, but still, let us not forget the important events of this date. Let us greet all our frontliners and everyone else all over the world who continues to work and gives service despite this ongoing pandemic. Kudos to them all.

Aside from that, happy birthday to all May celebrants and advance happy mothers day to all windice moms and to all moms all over the world. :)

Today, it's already 2nd of May here in Ph. But in other countries, it is May 1st. And today is the start of too many celebrations around the world.
Here in Ph, May not just signifies summer but a month full of celebrations or what we call, queen of festivity. From birthdays, to mother's month down to flores de mayo and fiestas in most parts of Philippines.

But for global, first date of May is one of the most significant one.
Why??
Here are the reasons:

1. Festival of Beltane - from Celts of British isles. When Romans took over British isles, they brought with them their 5-day celebration which is known as floralia, a devotion to the worship of the goddess of flowers, Flora.
2. Maypole Dance - annual traditions for this one can be traced back to medieval times and some still celebrates this until now specially the villagers. A festivity where people would dance around the pole clad with colorful streamers and ribbons. It's also said that Historians believe, first maypole dance originated as part of a fertility ritual, where the pole symbolized male fertility and baskets and wreaths symbolized female fertility.
3. Haymarket Riot - also known as Haymarket affair. A planned rally that became a chaos when one individual who was never identified threw a bomb which then killed 7 police officers and 8 civilians died as a result of violence.
4. International worker's day - started May 1, 1886, where more than 300,000 workers (40,000 in Chicago alone) from 13,000 businesses walked out of their jobs across the country. And in the following days, more workers joined and the number of strikers grew to almost 100,000. This all happened because of the reason, thousands of men, women and children dies yearly because of poor working conditions and long hours of work. This began in United States where a labor code was created requiring to have only 8 hours of work for all workers.

And lastly,

5. Mayday Today - an official holiday in 66 countries and unofficially celebrated by other countries but rarely recognized in the country where it began which is United States of America.

What exactly is MAY DAY.??

As stated by History.com,, May Day is a May 1 celebration with a long and varied history, dating back millennia. Throughout the years, there have been many different events and festivities worldwide, most with the express purpose of welcoming in a change of season (spring in the Northern Hemisphere). In the 19th century, May Day took on a new meaning, as an International Workers’ Day grew out of the 19th-century labor movement for worker’s rights and an eight-hour workday in the United States. May Day 2020 is celebrated on May 1, 2020.

View attachment 5950
View attachment 5949

So, happy MAY DAY to all. This month maybe different from all other Mays on previous years, but still, let us not forget the important events of this date. Let us greet all our frontliners and everyone else all over the world who continues to work and gives service despite this ongoing pandemic. Kudos to them all.

Aside from that, happy birthday to all May celebrants and advance happy mothers day to all windice moms and to all moms all over the world. :)

WOW!!! just WOW!! you really did some good research to make MAY shines above all months there is on a calendar! lmao!!!
And what makes MAY so awesome is because of one thing, and one thing alone.. most of the great people are born on may! lmao!! excuse me to those born on other months specially August Babies (queen B!) well we just love our own month! to make it even post on your birth month too!

WOW!!! just WOW!! you really did some good research to make MAY shines above all months there is on a calendar! lmao!!!
And what makes MAY so awesome is because of one thing, and one thing alone.. most of the great people are born on may! lmao!! excuse me to those born on other months specially August Babies (queen B!) well we just love our own month! to make it even post on your birth month too!
Oh yeah.. hahahaha!! Awesome people are always born on May. Hahaha!! Just like you, me and pups Raybrfg181. Lol. But well of course nothing or no one can still beat our queenie b. :D

Now, unfortunately, it's a time when a lot of men around the world are without female support. This is the problem I faced a year ago and I was very depressed, but when I heard about asian brides, I got interested in starting a life together, with a beautiful girl. That's when I started my search with these guys. I can confidently recommend these guys to you, they can change your life.