JamiPozcord
Known
- Messages
- 340
- Reaction score
- 244
- Points
- 43
Halloween is near and we are waiting for it in Windice.Its origins are related to Samhain, an ancient Celtic celebration that marked the end of the harvest and the beginning of a new season. Over the centuries, those traditions changed until they became the Halloween we know today.
If there is something I like about Halloween, it is that, although it has a dark appearance, it also has something very joyful. Children wait for the night to dress up as monsters, witches, ghosts, vampires, or any character they can become for a few hours. They knock on doors saying “trick or treat,” receive candy, and walk through the streets with that mixture of excitement and fear that can only be enjoyed when we are children.
Today Halloween is celebrated in many ways. There are houses full of pumpkins.
Spider webs on the windows, costume parties, horror movies, stories that no one dares to tell alone, and of course, lots of candy. But something has also changed. Halloween no longer belongs only to children.
Adults also find an excuse to have fun, dress up, decorate, play, and return for one night to that part of ourselves that still enjoys the strange, the mysterious, and the impossible.
Then I think about Windice. What would happen if Halloween came to our community?
I imagine Windice transformed for one night. A chat full of pumpkins.
Avatars turned into vampires, witches, or strange creatures.
Special Halloween-themed rains, games with dark settings, unexpected challenges, hidden prizes, perhaps one surprise or another appearing when we least expect it. Because Halloween has something special: it allows us to play with fear without stopping having fun.
It could be a night where entering the site feels different. Where every corner has something to discover and where even a simple rain could become a little story.
Maybe a pumpkin appears where nobody expected it. Maybe a user gets a prize for finding something hidden. Maybe the most creative ones can compete with their costumes or avatars. Maybe we can simply gather, chat, and enjoy a different night.
Because in the end, that is what I remember most about these dates: the excitement of waiting for something that we still don’t know exactly how it will be.
Now I want to ask you a question
More games?
Special rains?
Contests?
Hidden prizes?
A big surprise that nobody expects?
I already have my own idea in my head…
But I would rather hear from the community first.
Because Halloween can have many stor
ies, but the next one could be ours.