Bugs bunny's day

CharorowtzXD

Known
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Today is the last day of April and thus it is also Bugs Bunny's 86th birthday. Woow.

Happy Birthday to one of the most loved characters of Looney Tunes.

Most of us first knew Bugs Bunny in Looney Tunes shows but surprisingly, it wasn't really his first public appearance.
This cool yet crazy bunny who is also called the ‘Wascally Wabbit, actually first appeared appeared on April 30, 1938, in a short theater cartoon called “Porky’s Hare Hunt.” However, many people don’t actually credit that as his first appearance and the reason is because he was then still called Happy Rabbit. However, he looked like Bugs Bunny, spoke like Bugs Bunny, and moved like Bugs Bunny.

Even though “Porky’s Hare Hunt” was the first cartoon to feature a Bugs Bunny-like rabbit, it was on July 27, 1940, that “A Wild Hare” officially introduced the character called Bugs Bunny to the world. The preliminary version of Bugs Bunny was created by Ben Hardaway, whereas the official version was created by Tex Avery. The preliminary version of Bugs Bunny’s character was designed by Cal Dalton and Charles Thorson (1939–1940). However, the official version was designed by Bob Givens (1940–1943) and then by Robert McKimson (1943 – to date).

The popularity of Bugs Bunny rose in leaps and bounds during World War II. His free and easy attitude became a symbol of hope for people and, soon enough, Bugs Bunny became quite the star. Post World War II, “Knighty Knight Bugs” (1958) won an Academy Award for the Best Cartoon Short Subject. It was the first Oscar for Bugs Bunny.

He is one clever Bunny. He isn't one of my favorite characters in Looney Tunes but his lines "what's up Duck" always play in my head since then. It has been years since I last watched the "Looney Tunes" tv shows and the "Space Jam" movie but this crazy bunny is still clear in my head. From the way he talk, he act and the way he eats his carrots. Hahahahahaha!
This guy always reminds me how exciting my teen life was. 😁

So happy happy birthday to this cool icon of all time. 😁

images (4).jpeg